Friday, April 20, 2012

mirrors and masks / the hostess

I've gotten better at small talk - saying things that don't really hold much meaning but are expected during social interaction: 'ah I'm sure you'll be fine' 'the important thing is...' 'look on the bright side'

---

when I looked into her smiling eyes
and saw nothing but glass
I saw through her disguise -
past a myriad of masks -
a curious collection, a peculiar obsession
her expressions, it turns out,
were merely reflections
chameleon-like, she took on the hues of those around her
a splendid show, but I am curious as to her true colour

---

친한 척 내가 제일 싫어

---

am I naive to expect a raven haired beauty to come along and turn my world upside down or am I cynical to assume she doesn't exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...