Saturday, July 7, 2012

no answer

"you've met someone else."

she finally speaks, slowly and deliberately, weighing and testing out the various possible meanings of each word with her tongue. she looks into the mirror as she says it, as if searching for some answer in her reflection.

I don't know what to do, so I remain completely silent. I had not expected this. I was expecting tears, anger, for her to fling picture frames and and other sharp edged objects at me. But not this - this unnatural calm - this unfathomable absence of a response. she had suddenly become someone I could not predict, and that scared me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...