Friday, March 25, 2016

yeast of the pharisees

But Jesus said to him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?" 
- Luke 22:48

---

the things we do to betray Jesus can look a lot like loving him


---

I tend to compare myself with people - look at other people's goodness and -- and -- "am I better or worse? And where does that put me with God?" And of course it doesn't put me anywhere with God

---

But he answered his father, "Behold, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed a commandment of yours, but you never gave me a goat, that I might celebrate with my friends. But when this, your son, came, who has devoured your living with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him."

---

I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

---

the danger of trying to earn God's forgiveness


---

how much i need the cross and how often i pretend /fool myself into believing that i don't

---

When I survey the wondrous cross 
On which the Prince of glory died, 
My richest gain I count but loss, 
And pour contempt on all my pride. 

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast, 
Save in the death of Christ my God! 
All the vain things that charm me most, 
I sacrifice them to His blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...