Saturday, September 20, 2014

addendum / keep moving / just one of those days

[or perhaps as we grow older we tend to think more and develop stronger attachments and have more to lose and get stuck in the past and get less good at moving on]

executive summary: we let small things upset us greatly when we're older because:
1. we become good at avoiding pain therefore grow unaccustomed to dealing with it -- body with no pathogenic exposure is more susceptible to cell damage secondary to infection
2. we're liable to be fixated on the past. being bad at moving on from bad experiences means we don't heal as well over time because we keep picking at old wounds, so they persist and occasionally get infected

---

even the bad days 
don't seem as bad when you're near
even the storm seems calm 
and the waters tranquil
when you're here

even sugar tastes sweeter
and the sun shines brighter
even songs sound better
and my steps feel lighter

my paths are made straight
and my eyes can see clearly
my sleep is untroubled
and my jokes are more funny

when i am with you
nothing can harm me
even though i walk through
the valley of the shadow of death
i will not fear, for you are with me
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me

you prepare a table before me 
in the presence of my enemies.
you anoint my head with oil
my cup overflows
surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...