Thursday, February 7, 2013

I told the witch doctor I was in love with you

- The fever is wearing off. I need you to to rekindle it for me.
- No, you must let it settle or else it will consume you, but the burning will not be in vain. Keep alive that which has blossomed in its flame. Watch the embers as they slowly simmer that someday you may recall its distant glimmer. Keep hold of a single spark and hide it deep within your heart, to use in your most desperate hour, to thwart the cold and dispel the dark 

---

I have a fondness for long bus rides. Most of my memories involving them arouse a sense of camaraderie and adventure. I remember pointless high school field trips, stopping at rest stops, buying dirty food and singing songs to pass the time. I remember camping trips involving some pretty lengthy transit times, being readily trapped in close proximity with another person for hours, strapped in with nothing to do but think and talk. I remember sharing a pair of earphones that fell out every five minutes, listening to an mp3 player with only ten fall out boy songs playing on repeat, a perpetual cycle lulling us to sleep. I remember watching scenery speed past with the sun quietly dipping below the horizon and tired friends squeezed into rows, sinking into sleep. I remember waking in a haze, gradually rousing to conversation within a rowdy rabble, our marketplace chatter soon escalating to fill the entire bus. I remember inside jokes, surreptitiously employed, silly things and knowing smirks, such precious times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...