Monday, October 8, 2012

Goose Fair

This year wasn't quite the same. It was fun, to be sure, but just not as fun as I remembered it. It's quite strange really; the weather was much better but still the lights didn't seem quite as bright - in general, I just didn't manage to see as much magic as last year. I remember being surrounded by crowds, amazed by the sheer scale of the spectacle, in awe of the towering rides, assaulted from all sides by the deafening roar of music and the multitudinous screams of joy and terror, mixed with a hearty dose of industrial noise. Since then, I've been completely besotted with the idea of the outdoor amusement park and have been looking forward to Goose Fair ever since term started. But now I can't help but wonder if my expectations killed the actual experience

---

- did you hear about the girl who wrapped roses in medical infusion bags to keep them from dying?
- no, are they still alive?
- hard to say

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...