Tuesday, October 23, 2012

가을

the leaves are still green but the skies have gone misty
and I can't tell if fall is late or winter's come early

---

O how I wish I could be a tree
and with the last sparks of an ancient ember
set myself alight and swell into delicious colour
a pyre with the blistering allure of the ripest fruit
and feel the radiant flowers burst and bloom
spreading warmth along my timbered limbs
that my dull apparel be consumed
by the voracious tongues of fiery plume
to go out in a blaze of gold and scarlet glory
searing through the frost and gloom
for a moment
before my stars, with a lovely sigh
renounce their place amongst the skies
dwindle faint into eternal sleep
and collect in tragic heaps at my feet
O how I wish that I were a tree
to depart, to die that spectacularly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...