Thursday, September 27, 2012

lady of a thousand lovers

lady of a thousand lovers
whisk me away to your secret island
away from the city
where I can listen to leaves
whispering wryly, cacophonous
in their austere chatter

let us take the train that runs along the coast
and watch as buildings and roads accede
to the heavens and the sea
and dip our legs in light laid out
like golden carpets at our feet

lead me along the weathered stones
through canopied corridors of forest and moss
till I reach the steps of the temple courtyard
where flimsy hopes hang from fences
where crisp winds blow through misty eaves
and whisper with the mountain’s breath

cajole me to the busy beach
by the sea, let me be romanced
and grounded by the warmth and grit
between my toes and beneath my feet
fill my head with the soothing static
of crashing waves and children's laughter
and leave me there till the sun recedes
and the sounds have softened and the sky
turns tender
and when the crowds have had their day
and wandered off in twos and threes 

clutching their towels and things
then stand by me when the light grows dim
and the water’s sheen begins to falter
and trade sighs with me in the twilight
till darkness falls and our thoughts 
have left the shore. till the wind 
is at our faces
and the ocean at our door

then stay – please
a little while longer – stay
and sigh with me some more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...