Wednesday, April 8, 2015

kingfisher

oh my darling, oh my sweet
please give me a sign
if you can
i can't tell where i am
and the peace is such a pain to keep

and if i am wrong
then let me be young
spell out indulgence with me
drown my sins in the sea

then wring me out and dry me clean
hang me out on a line
and shake the dust
from me from time to time

i'll go out when the sun sets
and trace my steps through
every tried and haunted vein
and sleep on the pavements of the places i left behind

and if i am wrong
then let me be young
spell out indulgence along the vine
drown out my sins with weeping and with wine

when the morning comes
i'll find myself up on a cliff
with gulls circling overhead
and rocks waiting underneath

i'll shiver and look round
i'll catch a whiff of something good
and put on my coat
i'll pass through famous little pretty towns
and spend nights in strangers' living rooms
and on highways
i'll enjoy the view
and follow these spirit tunes
back to you

i'll pass through green grass and golden sand
days i wish would never end
and nights as cold and clear as glass
days i know could never last

and if i am wrong
then let me be yours
moor my boat just beyond the shore
trade in my gold
for fire stone and mahogany
tie keys to the cords
drape ropes around me

hold on to me like wet sand
and sun shining through the leaves
secure in the tide
i've got all that i need
the sea has my heart
but the beach brings me peace
in the water i am weightless
but on land i can breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...