Thursday, July 25, 2013

the want of the ocean



it's not real till I write it down

---

I don't know what it is about the sea. The first thing I think of when I think of the sea is always the vague image of something dark and moody, brooding and impenetrable, not unlike the enigmatic eyes of a person who is slowly dying. That changeless, unshakeable tranquility that comes after complete despair. Maybe it's because I have never seen something that could compare in terms of sheer immensity, except perhaps the sky. But of course the sea differs in that it has so much density. So much more pent-up energy quivering and quaking and shivering between its particles. How much of it there is and how little of it we can see - perhaps that's its most bewitching, most captivating quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...