Monday, June 24, 2013

the advertisement of a man

writing is a means to an end, a means of finding truth. it is not a truth in and of itself.

---

stories with nothing to prove

---

time is a way of measuring how quickly you die

---

i want girlfriend
i want tokyo

---

can't tell if my poems are bad or if the part of my spirit responsible for distinguishing good poetry is just dead. also not sure which i'd prefer

---

why do we feel so sorry for each other

---

does a dutiful son hide his desolation or share it with his despondent mother

---

did you wash your hands? that goes into our mouths, you know
yeah, my hands are clean
are you sure?
yeah, my hands are clean

---

i am a hipster; it is in my nature to filter everything

---

friends who make you use your brain

---

the internet has become an extension of my mind, fact/spell-checking and remembering things for me. I feel mildly unsettled by this but won't be sure until it is confirmed by likes and favs on fb and twitter

---

spelling fav as fave because you are such a rebel

---

i enjoy films more when i'm with you. not the watching but the actual appreciation of the film itself. i find more value than i ordinarily would. you point out things I don't see. this is a rare thing. my mind works differently

---

tell them who or what touched you, not how to feel

---

how do i back up my thoughts

---

tainted thinking - i keep expecting to be rewarded for every little thing i do - instant affirmation - need to unhook, unplug myself from this Feedback machine

---

the largest of changes spring from the smallest of chances, mustard seed

---

everyone secretly carrying 'if I die' notes hidden in their breast pockets that lead to hidden prewritten farewell letters to best friends and mothers

---

people too busy trying to be loved to be evil

---

anxiety and creativity - kierkegaard: can i hear everything or am i just hearing things

---

Fitzgerald's writing - words that travel faster than their sound, ideas that travel faster than thought. heavily dependent on speed of connection - each modality

---

love is a song with words, the more you say it the less it means. Love must be written it can't be recited. love is always writing and being rewritten

---

how not to be



No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...