Friday, January 11, 2013

self interest

Found this while rummaging through some old files and folders. I must've been about fifteen when I wrote this. I guess things haven't really changed all that much since then; in some ways, I think I'm more like myself now than I was a year or two ago, only less suspicious of sentiment; more vulnerable to joy - a little more argumentative, perhaps a little more impatient. I care about more people than I did back then, while caring less about the people I shouldn't. Somehow, I'm glad this letter is unfinished; I think it says more this way

3 comments:

  1. I swear tons. No need to be judgmental :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a slippery slope, my friend. First it's swearing - then you start wearing sunglasses, then you begin listening to ACDC - and then the next thing you know you're selling stolen hubcaps on the side of the street to finance a raging heroin addiction whilst trying (unsuccessfully) to father several illegitimate children. You have to stop this madness now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might need more practice fathering illegitimate children. You know me, perfectionism. They have to be the ultimate posse of bastards.

    ReplyDelete

Long Revision

 夕食後、ベアは湾のパノラマビューのために4月をエスプラネードに連れて行くことを申し出たが、彼女は翌朝早く空港にいなければならないと言って断った。代わりに、4月は金融街を二分し、川の河口を横断して少し上流のMRT駅に到着できるルートを提案しました。そこで彼らは手入れの行き届いた都...